Visas, passports, entry requirements… Read our travel tips to help you best prepare for your trip!
The health pass is mandatory to travel on all domestic flights within France.

During the coronavirus health crisis, please take note of any travel restrictions that may require additional formalities before your departure.

View travel restrictions
Prior to your departure, we recommend that you check the entry and travel requirements for your destination country/countries by contacting the proper embassies or consulates. You must have all required documents with you during travel:
  • Identity card
  • Passport
  • Visa, etc.
It is your responsibility to check the expiration dates of these documents and renew them if necessary (while allowing enough time to receive them). Otherwise, you must pay all fees or fines attributed to Air France by authorities.
Please note: some countries require a passport that is valid several months beyond the expected return date. In addition, a return ticket or proof that you will exit the country may also be requested.

In addition, please note that certain countries require airline companies to provide some or all information they have concerning passengers.

Traveling minors

Whether your child is traveling alone or with you, we recommend that you check the entry and travel requirements for minors by contacting the proper embassies or consulates. This applies to your child’s destination country/countries or those through which your child has a connecting flight.

Please note : if you are traveling with your child but they do not have the same surname as you, bring the family booklet or birth certificate to prove your affiliation.
Permit to travel form for passengers under 18 years old
Any passenger under 18 years old, whether he or she is a French citizen or a foreigner living in France, must obtain authorization to leave the country for any journey outside France without a parent or legal guardian.

Depending on the destination country, the passenger must be in possession of:
- An ID card or an individual passport (with a visa, if applicable)
- The permit to travel form (“l'autorisation de sortie du territoire" in French) signed by a parent or legal guardian
- A photocopy of a valid identity document of the parent or legal guardian who provided his or her signature for the permit to travel form

Minors of French nationality

All minors of French nationality must possess a personal ID (passport or national identity card depending on the destination).
Minors must have a passport in their name. Children cannot travel using a parent’s passport. Please note: the French “Livret de Famille” is not a valid form of ID. It does not enable a minor to travel, even on flights within metropolitan France.

EU minors

All EU minors* must possess a personal ID (passport or national identity card depending on the destination) for travel to and/or within Europe. For travel requiring a passport, minors must have a passport in their name. They cannot travel using a parent’s passport.

* The requirement for minors to have a personal ID is applicable to all EU citizens, with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland and Denmark.


Any minor traveling to or from South Africa must be in possession of the official documents required by the South African authorities.
This rule applies irrespective of whether the minor travels alone or is accompanied by both parents, by only one of them or by another person.

For the list of required documents, please visit the South African Department of Home Affairs website.


Is your child traveling to the United States in the near future? He or she must provide a customs declaration upon arrival. Please download and complete the form at your earliest convenience.

Some specific formalities

United States, Canada, Europe (Schengen area*), India, French Polynesia

Our partner Sherpa takes care of everything for you to obtain your visa or entry authorization in your destination country. Let a specialist guide you!

Click on the link below to find out more

With Ariane, travel with peace of mind

Traveling for less than 6 months? The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development’s online portal “Ariane” is accessible to all French travelers and enables you to communicate your trip information. This information may be used by the ministry to quickly locate and contact you only in the event of a crisis* or if emergency measures are required.

* Severe political crisis or natural disaster, among others.

return to top of page